Electrocuted Gatesville worker taken to Austin burn center
GATESVILLE, TX – A worker was electrocuted Monday while attempting to fix a sign in Gatesville, then transported to a burn center in Austin.
KWTX says the accident happened at the intersection of East Main Street and North 24th Street at about 4 p.m., when a lift the worker was using to reach a sign came into contact with active powerlines.
Firefighters cut power to the lines and pulled the worker from the lift. The victim was then taken to an unnamed burn center in Austin.
We will provide further updates if possible.
The Austin personal injury attorneys of Gibson Hill understand how difficult it is to recover from the aftermath of a serious accident. We have helped people face these challenges and have guided them through the legal system's complexities in order to help them receive the best medical treatment available as well as financial compensation. Call 512-580-8334 for a free consultation today.Note: Serious accidents happen every day in Texas. Our blog serves as a reminder of this devastating fact and we hope that increased awareness of the risks we all face every day helps us take further steps towards prevention. Our posts are sourced from local news outlets and are updated frequently. Should you find details that are out of date or incorrect, please let us know so we may update the post to contain the most current information.